Wednesday, July 23

No more papers!!!!

Many of you have been asking where we are at with Tate's adoption. So, since you have asked here is a little glimpse into the past week or so. Last week we put the final touches on our Dossier. A dossier is the pile of papers that gets sent to the foreign government with your official application to adopt (financial, background clearances, medicals, house info...). Once they were completed we had to have everything Notarized. The Notary's signature is not acceptable until it has been Authenticated. Which of course means I had to take all of our documents to both the Santa Barbara and Ventura County Recorders offices. Not done yet! Yesterday I drove all of our documents down to Los Angeles to the Secretary of State office. Each document needed to be Apostilled. This is a fancy term for your state government to certify everything which has already been certified. WHEW!!!

A very special thank you to the many individuals who took care of the kids while I ran this way and that.

Read the next post!

No comments:

Farmers

Farmers