Friday, May 7

SPOILED

It's not even Mother's Day yet and I am already feeling spoiled. Yesterday morning around 7:30am the door bell rang. The three big kids and I were snuggled on the couch in our pj's reading. I figured it must be important because NOBODY stops by that early in the morning. When we got to the door this is what we found-



My mom had stopped by and surprised us with BREAKFAST! She is flying up to my sister's house this weekend, so we will not get to celebrate with her. Happy Mother's Day, Mom, you made my day!

In the afternoon Bailey entered a contest and wrote this about me:

Mom to me is a fun, loving character with a wonderful heart. Breakfast time is fun because we snuggle with blankets. We sip Chai Tea while my mom reads to us. Our favorite thing at lunch is my favorite recipe Turkey Delight. It is more on the line of a sandwich. I thought it was so fun so my mom made up a song that goes "Turkey Delight, Turkey Delight, Oh how I love my Turkey Delight." My favorite thing at dinner is Chicken Noodle Casserole. We usually have a few side dishes such as fruit, salad, bread, or anything. Before dinner my mom does something rather interesting, we sing songs with hand motions- Open Shut them, Thank you Jesus for this food, and Creep them, Creep them. We do them for my 5 1/2year old brother, Tate. He has Down syndrome and can't communicate with words. Our family adopted him from Ukraine in 2008. Those are songs he enjoys. My mom makes dinner special in a lot of different ways. Sorry for the late entry but I only found out at 8:00 p.m. on the 6th. Give who ever wins a high five for me. This is Bailey McKay from Ventura, CA. I am nine. Thank you!!


I am BLESSED!

2 comments:

Geneva said...

So incredibly sweet! :)

Julie said...

Super duper sweet!

Farmers

Farmers