Sunday, April 25

ONE for the BOOKS

Yesterday was one for the books. Every little detail will be seared in my mind for a long time, hopefully forever. Nothing major happened and that's probably why I loved it so much. When we are in the midst of either Track or Cross Country season our mornings are HURRIED and LONG. Yesterday, we opted out of all commitments. Instead we slept in (well, the majority slept in- Buddy loves his Legos at 6:30am). Around 9:00am Bailey and I started out on a short 2.5 mile run to the Bagel Shop. Mike and the littles were already waiting for us and Aunt Karen and Uncle Bob arrived a few minutes later. It was leisurely, no agenda. After breakfast we went home and packed our backpacks with water and snacks for a hike.
Mike and I were married in Ojai at a Christian Conference Center. We haven't visited in years and thought it would be fun to finally show the kids around. It was a beautiful day to go hiking.

Mike and I took this same hike on Christmas Eve 1998 when he proposed to me.

This is the spot that he asked me to be his wife. It was surreal to to have kids with us. We could not have imagined, at that time, that our life would be so blessed.

After a few healthy snacks on the hike we felt it was time to refresh and cool down with a little ICE CREAM! The kids were sweet and our afternoon was again, leisurely.

We couldn't let a fabulous day go to waste on a boring evening, so a camp-out was planned for the night. The yard was just fertilized so the tent went up inside the house. And what camp-out would be complete with out one of these?


Jealous?


Saturday April 24, 2010- One of the BEST days EVER!

5 comments:

Charissa said...

Wow, actually I am jealous. I need a day like that! Reece's Peanut butter cups on a Smore? Really? That's a new one.

Julie said...

Love days like that!!! How amazing to have taken the kids there!! Blessed indeed!

Anonymous said...

Actually I am jealous of the super cute plate in the background of the Smore's picture. I think it might be the same hot pink one I spotted today at Target and loved. :-) Of course it would be even better if it held a Reese's Smores!

Unknown said...

I love smores! Yum

Carlie said...

What a special day!

Farmers

Farmers