Wednesday, April 7

MIRACLE

If you have been around my kids in the past two day you have already heard the news so I am sorry for a repeat. For the rest of you here is an update. We witnessed a miracle. You heard me right a miracle. You know, the Parting of the Red Sea, Water into Wine- MIRACLE!

Here's the story: (The kids version is the same but with more enthusiasm)
On our way out of swimming lessons yesterday is where it all began. All of the kids were in their seats ready to head home as I sat down in the car. I put the key into the ignition to put the windows down while I ran back inside to go to the bathroom. The car would not start. NOTHING. I tried several times. NOTHING. At this point the kids were complaining about the hot car. Bailey and I both opened our doors and nearly simultaneously began to pray out loud. I told the kids that I was going to go inside to the bathroom and to pray together while I was gone. Sweet words were flowing from their mouths. It was precious. I was gone a minute and then back out to the car where they were still praying. Together we prayed over the car and asked the Lord for a miracle- full of faith believing that HE is the God who moves mountains and our little car was easy for HIM. I placed the keys in the ignition and with the start of the engine the kids let out loud shouts of PRAISE. It was an awe inspiring moment. I drove the back roads home avoiding stop lights and the freeway. As we pulled into the driveway I was well aware of what we had witnessed. Once in the garage I tried turning on the car again. NOTHING. He got us home and that was what we needed.

This week Mike is riding the bus to work while the car gets fixed ;)

3 comments:

Geneva said...

That is so awesome! God is amazing! :)

Julie said...

Wow!! Amazing! I leave and miss the miracle? Go figure! What an awesome thing for the kids to experience!! Oh and are you kidding me!! My car was sitting on the driveway not being used all week! Does he need the truck for this week??

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful story. I have chills.

If you are ever stranded in Camarillo, I got your back.

Farmers

Farmers