It was nearly two years ago that I wrote this same post announcing Micah's birth. And now Alyssa and Dave welcome baby Titus into the world. Anyone who says baby number FOUR is going to be a quick and easy delivery is sadly mistaken. Titus took his sweet time getting here as we anxiously awaited his arrival. Alyssa's labor was just over 16 hours long. She was my hero that evening. I was exhausted just watching the event.
I keep searching for the words to describe his perfection. I am at a loss. Thankfully I read this quote last night and it sums up my feelings perfectly.
This is taken from YEAR Of WONDERS, by Geraldine Brook. The Narrator, Anna Firth, is talking about her children.
I put my face to their necks and breathed the yeasty scent of them. God wants us not to love any earthly thing above Himself, and yet He sets in a mother's heart such a fierce passion for her babes that I do not comprehend how He can test us so.
1 comment:
What a cutie he is! How blessed they are with him! :)
~Sarah~
Post a Comment