Saturday, February 6

2 New FAMILY MEMBERS

Brooklyn has been doing a REALLY fantastic job with her schoolwork recently. Her attitude has been wonderful and she is giving 150% with everything. We thought it would be a good idea to reward her with something EXTRA special.

When I received an email about a family that had 2 pets that they wanted to part with I jumped at it for Brooklyn. I knew that she would LOVE to have something living (other than her 15 baby dolls) to be responsible for. On the way to pick up our new family members I talked to all of the kids about Brooklyn. She was beaming from the back of the car. When I announce that we were getting 2 new family members the car erupted! They all assumed we were adopting and they wondered how we were going to pick up the "new kids" since we don't have a van yet. Only slightly disappointed that it was not new brothers we continued on. The kids had some CRAZY ideas about what they thought we were getting (a calf, a lizard and a hedgehog were a few).

Brooklyn was ecstatic as we walked to the door. I thought she might fall apart with anticipation. And then it happened. The door flung open and a little boy appeared with a shoe box. Fully expecting that it was OUR new pets I watch Brooklyn's eyes as he opened the box. She melted! And then I looked inside. Four sweet, tiny bunnies peered up at me. HELLO, we didn't come for bunnies!!!! I had to explain to Brooklyn that although the bunnies were PRECIOUS her new pets must be inside the house.

I'll keep you in suspense at this point. I need to take a picture of Max and Sandy. I promise you will see them soon. Until then here are the kids with the bunnies...not OUR bunnies, however!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Eeeee....I KNOW! I KNOW!! (he,he)

Charissa said...

Bunnies are awesome!! (Except they eat a lot, poop a lot, and mate a lot).

Heather said...

Waiting... Waiting....

Anonymous said...

Please let it not be RATS.

Farmers

Farmers