Now it's up to Mike and I. We take the kids...ONCE...they want to see the stuff the entered. As for Mike and I, we want the food!!! This year we went all out...in this order-
Corn Dogs
BBQ Tri-Tip Sandwiches
BBQ Corn on the Cob
Churro
Funnel Cake
Chili Cheese Dog with EXTRA onions
Cinnamon Rolls
Cherry Slush
By the end of the night we were completely satisfied, until next year!
As for the kids, here were their entries.
Brooklyn made a Table Setting. She hunted through the Thrift Stores downtown for all of the pieces and then used some flowers from Aunt Karen's garden for the center piece. she also made the place mat and napkin.
She won 2nd place!
With Grandma's help (and our homegrown vegetables), Brooklyn made Zucchini Coconut Cake.
.jpg)
Daddy was so proud when he saw her 1st place ribbon. She had to call Grandma from the fair, it was a team effort after all!
This was Bailey's 2nd year entering Strawberry Freezer Jam. Bailey uses my Mom's recipe, it's the best! Bailey loves spending time with Nonnie.

For the second year in a row she won Best in Show. I guess the judges REALLY like her jam too!
Bailey also entered a book that she wrote about adopting Tate. It is called My New Brother. She worked many long hours putting it together. A special thanks to Mrs. Brown for helping Bailey.
Although her book won first place which was very exciting, we were a little disappointed that it was placed in a viewing case. Bailey had hoped that the book would impact someone and save another orphan. Maybe next year she'll have to enter Tate. :)
6 comments:
Congrats to the girls! Wow! :)
Do you have pictures of the book or can you at least tell us about it? How cute. I know you are proud of all of them. What great kids.
C-
I am going to copy the book and will upload the pages. It is VERY precious.
Way to go McKay's!!! I am so proud of you girls!
You didn't have a beer for Sean?
Way to go girls! Proud of you!
Congratulation's to Bailey & Brooklyn for their big awards! It was so cool to see their stuff at the fair! They are very talented!
~Sarah~
Post a Comment