Friday, June 19

I'm a SUCKER...

for my kids anyway. So when my biggest boy looked up at my with his piercing blue eyes and asked me to catch a snake for him a COULDN'T refuse. I tried to think of an excuse why I should trap the the cold-blooded creature slithering up my driveway, but Buddy was too convincing. He REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to show it to Daddy, and secretly I did too.
So, I sent Buddy running inside the house to find me a plastic container. When he returned with something big enough for a few tablespoons of salad dressing, I sent for reinforcements. Bailey was quick to find a slightly bigger tupperware, approximately 4inx7in. It was small, but at this point we were wasting time. I quickly got on the ground next to the snakes head and carefully pushed his body into the other side. No, I am not BRAVE, I am CRAZY. If I had taken more than a second to think about it I never would have attempted it, but those blue eyes beckoned.
Our new snake sat at the top of the driveway all afternoon until Daddy came home. Ans what do you know, he was DEAD. Yep, I can obviously catch them, but I would not do a good job keeping them as pets- THANK GOODNESS!

Here he is... just looking at the picture make me shiver. What was I thinking?

5 comments:

Anjanette said...

Poor guy! Btw, Snakes are cold-blooded...

Geneva said...

Oh my!

JUST A MOM said...

Wow, I guess it was a long day...that was what I meant to write...obviously none of my warm-blooded kids were slithering up the driveway. ;)
Thanks!

Our Story: Continued said...

Eek!! One less snake in this world. Is that morbid of me? I HATE HATE HATE snakes!!!!

Julie said...

Hey don't feel bad, my girls killed a snake Manuel brought home one day! They were "taking care of it" but forgot it in the sun when they got distracted playing in the play house. Analiese screamed out "oh no he's stiff!"...oops!

Farmers

Farmers