I have been trying to figure out all day just what I could write today. It's my Dad's birthday. Today he turned 61. I wrote in his birthday card that I don't think that he looks his age. I don't think he acts his age either. How many men in their sixties volunteer (or
agree, as is sometimes the case) to take care of 4 kids under seven. My dad does, in fact he claims the best part of his week is '
Donuts on Friday'. Every Friday morning around 8am the kids anxiously grab the phone to call papa. "When are you coming to get us, Papa", is all that is usually said and Papa is on his way. We live a little over a mile apart but those few minutes seem like an eternity to the kids. They squeal as the door creaks open and Papa walks in. Nobody gets the
knock-down greeting that Papa gets from the kids. He is the most anticipated visitor in our home. Dad loads the kids up in the car that he had to buy as our family expanded. After all, doesn't every grandpa roll with 4 carseats in the back of their car?
Friday morning consists of not only time at the Donut shop (they've been to every one in town), but also a trip to the park. Yep, Papa takes them to swing on the swings, slide down the slide, run in the grass, and get dirty in the sand box. When they are worn out and tired, they go back to his house to cause havoc over there. Again, how many men in their sixties would have the patience for my four hooligans? ONLY PAPA!

My dad's commitment to be involved doesn't end there. He also takes the 3 oldest to sports practices twice a week, doesn't miss a single race, babysits so that Mike and I can go to bible study- the grocery store- or out on dates.
It all boils down to this I think. Dad is an extremely loyal family man who loves his family more than anything. Ask any of my kids. Papa ranks #1 in their book. He is creating memories that will be with them forever.

Happy Birthday PAPA,
We LOVE You!!!
5 comments:
Yay!! Happy Birthday Papa!!
You're right Alison, he doesn't look his age! I bet his secret is ALL the love and happiness that fills him from being a family man! That smile says it all!!
Bill, You haven't changed from the day I first met you 12 years ago. I think the grandkids are good for your health! Happy Birthday from a big Ragsdale fan, Alyssa
Happy Birthday! Even my kids think Bill is awesome and I'm pretty sure he was willing to take a couple of mine to donuts and the park a few visits ago!
You are so blessed to have an amazing Dad and Papa.
PAPA'S GREAT. PAPA IS THE BEST PAPA.I love him so much.I'm so blessed to have the best papa in the world.PAPA looks like he is 42 yrs old.I love papa sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssso
much.love, bailey
Post a Comment