Brooklyn gave up her thumb for Lent, but that is not all. We have been bribing her. My friend, Paula, likes to use the word reinforcement. I think it's a bribe. My parents bribed me. First with a bubblegum machine and then with money. I received one dollar a day until I had enough to buy a new baby doll. Rose was her name, and she was perfect. So perfect that I stopped sucking my thumb for her (although I was in Second grade at this point). Brooklyn is following in my footsteps. She wants a doll too; an American Girl doll. So, here is what I am thinking. Since Grandma didn't have a girl, and I know Mike wasn't bribed with doll, maybe she will want to do the honor. Brooklyn has it all worked into her head...it was whispered by her sister I believe. She would like to go shopping at the American Girl shop followed by lunch. Bailey claims that your doll gets her own seat at the table; Brooklyn can't hardly stand it. A store just for doll!!! So, Grandma, what do you think???
And just so Grandma can be let off the hook so to speak. She sent Brooklyn money last week to treat everyone to ice cream. Brooklyn immediately asked if we could take Miller too. She thought he might like a lick, and then she decided a bottle might be better for him. Always thinking about the babies- that's my girl!
3 comments:
Please invite me to the American Girl outing! This may be my only chance to go....EVER. In a house full of boys....I need to do this!!! :) No pressure ;)
Grandma says "yes" -- let's go shopping Brooklyn !!! I am soooo proud of you! love, Grandma McKay
Yea Brooklyn! It took me until 3rd grade and a bribe of getting my ears peirced and I still snuck sucking in!!
Post a Comment