Buddy and Brooklyn were in charge of the spuds for the Twice Baked Potatoes.
Bailey was making a Roquefort Bleu Cheese dressing for the Iceberg Wedge Salad.
The kitchen staff excitedly waiting for the bread to rise.
Brooklyn and I were making a yummy Sour Cream Spice Cake. A few ingredients in I asked her for 2 tablespoons of GROUND CINNAMON. She started to hop off of the stool and said, "I'll go get my boots." She assumed that if it was ground she would probably find it in the garden!
6 comments:
How fun! The kids are wonderful cooks! They are always good helpers in the kitchen! I will let you know if I have any good recipe's. Love you all :)
~Sarah~
I am really, really impressed!
I get in a rut with meals too. I have been trying a lot of new recipes lately and have really enjoyed Great Food Fast from the Martha Stewart magazine Everyday Food. The meals are broken into seasons and there are PICTURES!!! I do not use any cookbook without pictures...hard to believe but I am very visual:-) Most everything I have tried has been a huge success with Kelly and the kids. Good luck.
Okay,seriously,you make me feel like the worst mother ...one day I'll get back to cooking.Till then how about you POST some of your favorite recipes ...the big girls or at least Taylor,AKA the stand in momma,could try some.Today she baked yummy cookies and made macaroni salad ...
Love to you all.
I am so proud of Brooklyn for giving up her thumb! She was my little buddy when I was there!! I love this picture of her hair in all of the clips...too cute.
You really should try my meatloaf. it may sound old but it is seriously good- Look forward to seeing you next week!
Carolyn
Post a Comment