Sunday, March 15

FAVORITES

My friend, Carlie, was visiting this past week from Colorado. I can't begin to tell you how excited I was for her to arrive or just how much fun I had while she was here. She moved away a little less than a year ago, but it feels like forever and at the same time like it was yesterday.
I have wanted to throw a "FAVORITES" party for a few years, so Carlie's visit seemed like the perfect opportunity. Each attendee put together a list of their most favorite items- food, beauty products, music, recipes or whatever. Then, during the party we did a gift exchange of our favorites. There was also a lot of food sampling going on. ..have you ever had Carmelized Onion Cheese? We had some seriously YUMMY things!
One favorite that I forgot to mention at the party is my Citrus Salad tree. Not only is it beautiful, but it is really fun to see what is going to grow next. The tree has lemons, limes, oranges, tangerines and kumquats. What are some of your favorites?

3 comments:

liesel said...

How fun! A Favorites party! Did Martha Stewart come up with that idea?

Jeanne Oliver said...

I am so glad that you had time with your sweet friend. It would be fun to see everyones favorites.

Carlie said...

I remember when the Favorites party was an idea in your head many years ago. I am so glad you finally did it! It was so much fun...and so was the chance to spend time with you again! I miss you again already. :)

Farmers

Farmers