Sunday, February 8

Husband Tag

Mike is out of town on business for the next few days so I thought it would be fun to write about him while I sit at home missing him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Husband Tag

1. When and where did you meet?
It was the day before my first day of college. The girl that lived across the hall, Alyssa (now my BFF), and I walked down to the Junior/Senior dorms on campus to visit friends. She knew Mike from High School. Mike's next door neighbor, Elliot, and I meet the day before at a picnic and were "dating". Mike and his roommate were watching a Japanese cartoon; which he claims to have never watched since that day.

2. How long did you date before you got engaged?
6 months. My dad told me not to invest too much time into someone if I wasn't going to marry them. I never dated anyone longer than 3 months...except for my man!

3. How long have you been married?
We will celebrate 10 years on June 5th. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

4. What does he do that surprises you?
Sometimes he will get on a cleaning rampage. I love it!

5. What is your favorite feature of his?
I love his calves.

6. Does he have a nickname for you?
Honey and Sweets.

7. What is his favorite dinner?
He would love a good Chicken Fried Steak with mashed potatoes. Too bad I have no desire to ever make it.

8. What is his favorite sport?
Basketball

9. When and where was your first kiss?
Early February 1998. It was late at night and we were standing next to my car. It was raining really hard which made it that much more romantic and unforgettable.


10. Who said I love you first?
That would be Mike. It was the day he moved to Arizona. We were standing by my car on a very busy street. I kissed him and said goodbye. That was a tough day.

11. What do you admire most about him?
He is the most loyal friend. And also his Work Ethic.

12. He’s sitting in front of the TV: What is on the screen?
Probably sports if he is alone. If I am there we are watching The Office, House or Friday Night Lights

13.What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
We like to eat late at night (ok, 9:30 is late for us) and watch one of the 3 listed above while snuggling on our favorite red couch. However, for our first 6 years of marriage we did not have a t.v.. We used to play a game that involved hunting for signatures printed on our wedding picture. Oh, the simple things.

14. You’re out to eat. What kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
Bleu Cheese, because he is going to share it with me!

15. What is one food he doesn’t like?
Anything with CURRY.

16. Where did he go to high school?
Palm Dessert High School.

17. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
He used to collect baseball cards. Now THEY are collecting dust in my father's attic.

18. What is his favorite cereal?
Anything that is loaded with sugar. He loves the little assorted boxes.

19. What would he never wear?
Probably the color PINK.

20. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do?
SPEND MONEY!!!

21. How many states has he lived in?
Two. California and Arizona; where he did a short 3 month stint before he decided he couldn't live without me!

22. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind is it?
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

23. Did he play sports in high school?
Yes, Basketball...and his mother has every game tape and newspaper article from the glory days if anyone is interested. Wait, how could I forget, she brought them to us as a gift. Now the 20 large plastic boxes are in our garage!

24. What could he spend hours doing?
Fiddling with his Crackberry.

5 comments:

Anjanette said...

yes, I am a work widow for a few days also. What a nice way to feel close to your husband!

Heather said...

Hello my friend.Yes.I am still here just a little,well,shall we say busy.We got sprung today.Can I hear a yeah!!I haven't posted yet.I will a bit later.Miss you and those beautiful kids.You should hear the boys recite the presidents.Cracks me up and amazes friends and family.Kisses to all the little cuties and I hope everyone is feeling tons better.Love this post.Now for sure you two are the cutest couple I know.Talk to you soon I hope.

Heather said...

I never turn down an offer of hot chocolate ... call me.

Kailey said...

Ohh those Japanese cartoons...!

Anonymous said...

Definitely my best matchmaking ever. :-)

Farmers

Farmers