This particular day, however, we just lounged around the house. Mostly because of the fact that I was pregnant and Krissy let me barf in her bathroom all day while she took care of the girls. Anyway, Bailey and I were heading home for naps when out of the blue my VERY MATURE 2 year old told me she wanted to ask Jesus to come into her heart. Yes, to answer your question, we talked about JESUS all of the time. Bailey knew how much Jesus loved her. Her question was not strange for me at all. I tried to persuade her to wait until we were home with Daddy but she would not have it. She had a sense of urgency (like most 2 year old girls) that would not be squelched. So there we were on the 101 Northbound praying to Jesus. It was one of the most precious moments of my life...tender, without reserve.
Today we celebrated Bailey spiritual birthday. She woke up to a special note from mom and dad telling her how proud we are of her and how much we love. My friend, Jeanne, made her a very special purse that I filled with a book, cd and another note.
The best part of the morning was actually our time at Starbucks. When I shared the significance of the day with the girls I think they all felt special to be a part of it. We each took turns praying for Bailey...and yes, I was super choked up. I felt so honored to be a part of my daughters life and her spiritual journey. I hope to never miss out on moments like these.
5 comments:
I love your blog. I love your family. I love your faith. I love your patience. I love your determination. You guys strike awe in me. I learn from you each time I read your blog.
Happy Re-birthday Bailey! Keep on growing in Christ! Love all of you! I had fun with you guys :)
With Love,
Sarah
OH Allison, this is just the sweetest post ever! Happy RE Birthday Bailey. I hope you will forever hold these memories close to your heart and always REMEMBER that our Jesus loves us FOREVER, no matter what we do!!!!
HUGS to you on this special day
Rita
RR
That is really amazing. What a wonderful tradition.
I love how you make your children's spiritual life the most important thing. I need help doing that.
Post a Comment