The story being done is going to both be in print as well as a short film documentary. A crew followed Mike and Tate around a little bit. I wish they had him in something other than the pink boots! :)



I thought I would include the questions from the journalist. Some of you may find it interesting.
Questions for Alison from journalist Larissa~
Эллисон, здравстуйте! Очень жаль, что я с вами не познакомилась, когда вы были на Украине.
Hallo,Allison! It's a pity,that I didn't meet you during your stay at Ukraine.
Хочу сказать, что я поражена и восхищена вашим поступком.
I want to tell,that I'm impressed so much by your step.
Правда,для нас,украинцев,усыновлять детей с синдромом Дауна настолько нетипично,
For us,Ukrainians,to adopt Down syndrom child is so non typical
что я до сих пор не могу понять мотивы вашего поступка.
that I can't understand motivation of your step till now.
Что это? Жалость? Жажда трудностей и острых ощущений?
What is it? is it a pity? Or do you need hard work and sharp impressions?
Желание вырастить собственных детей еще более сердобольными и чуткими людьми?
Is it wish to arise your own children more warm heart and sensitive?
Объясните мне, пожалуйста.
Can you explaine me,please?
Hello Larissa -
Thank you for your email....nice to meet you. I appreciate your kind words and your interest in this story. Please know that we see Tate as a blessing to our family....we believe that God made him perfect in every way. He will require special needs and attentions, but we are ready to accept him just as he is and love him unconditionally. Our children will grow up knowing true joy in the face of their brother, will understand how precious people with special needs are, and what a blessing God has given to our family.
Говорят,болезни и трудности,которые вы перенесли ранее,сделало вашу душу очень...
They say,that suffering from illness and troubles,that you had before,made your soul so
...впечатлительной и ранимой,что и повлияло на ваше решение взять Женечку.Так ли это?
sensitive,what influanced on your decision to take Zhenya. Is it so?
Не могли бы вы немного рассказать о ваших болезнях и как вы с ними боролись,
Could you share your experiance in the struggling against hard disease...
чтобы показать читателям ваше мужество в преодолении жизненных препятствий?
...for showing readers your courage in getting over the life difficulties.
I am not sure that my childhood illness played a direct role in this adoption. It obviously played a significant role in shaping the person that I am and my outlook on life. God has blessed me with good health and a wonderful family. Mike and I have always discussed the possibility of adopting a child with special needs. With the help of Reese's Rainbow and their great work as an advocate for children around the world with Down syndrome....this dream is now a reality.
Расскажите, что вы подумали, когда впервые увидели Женечку в доме ребенка?
Tell,please,what you thought,looking at the Zhenya for the first sight in the orphanage.
Расскажите немножко о своих детях,о каждом из них.Какие они по характеру,чем увлекаются.
Share the info about your own children,every of them,their prefferable interests.
Читателям будет интересно узнать, какие у Жени братья и сестры.
It will be interesting for readers,what sisters and brothers will have Zhenya.
Как готовятся к встрече нового братика ваши дети? Готовят ли они ему какие-то подарки?
How are prepairing children for the meeting with new brother? What presents they are prepair?
Собираются ли как-то поздравить с Рождеством?
Will it be special congratulation with the Xmass?
Our first meeting with Tate was very emotional and intense....we loved him and were so thankful to finally be able to hug him and meet him in person. It was great to see him in such a loving environment. Mike and I are so thankful to the wonderful caretakers that have shown Tate so much love. Tate's brothers and sisters are very excited to meet him!!! Our two daughters (Bailey,age 7 and Brooklyn,age 5) have been watching all the videos and pictures that we have taken and are very anxious for him to arrive. Our two sons (Buddy, age 3 and Emmett, age 1) are not quite old enough to understand, but they will love having another boy in the house. Yes, we are busy for his arrival next week....putting his room together, getting his bed ready (my dad built him a special bed that he will love!), and my aunt is currently making a very special blanket just for him. Christmas will be unforgettable this year...we will have the whole family together!
Будете ли вы со временем разыскивать родителей мальчика?
Will you search for Zhenya's bio relatives later?
Нет ли у вас страха,что вы не справитесь с воспитанием Жени и ноша окажется слишком тяжелой?
Aren't you scaring,that can fail with arising Zhenya and it will be too hard???
Есть ли у вас знакомые, которые уже воспитывают ребенка с синдромом Дауна?
Have you friends,who are arising Down syndrom child?
А, может, в Америке есть какие-то известные личности, которые смело рассказывают о своих детях,
больных синдромом Дауна, и это воодушевляет тех мам, у которых в семьях подрастает ребенок с
синдромом Дауна?
Are there at US famous personalities,who are telling about their own Down syndrome
children and it inspire moms,who has such children at their families?
First, let me say that Mike and I have said all along that the true hero in this story is Tate's birth-mother that chose life. This decision has given us such an incredible blessing, and we will always be grateful to her and for that decision. Given that, we do not have any plans to contact the family. No, we are not afraid of failing with Tate as we are not afraid of not being able to raise any of our other children. We take comfort in knowing that God will always provide. Yes, I do have friends with children with Down syndrome, and they have been such an encouragement to me! They will continue to provide wonderful insight and support to our family during this journey.
Буду очень признательна получить от вас ответ. С уважением. Лариса.
Will be thankful for the answers. With respect. Larissa
Thank you Larissa,
Alison.
6 comments:
Great little interview and once again,if I haven't told you enough,how privileged we are to be part of this amazing journey.I feel blessed that a meeting with Allysa at the park,has now led,to what I hope and pray to be a lifetime of memories with you and your beautiful family.I am beyond excited to see Tate finally home with his family.
Wow, good responses :) I'm happy they didn't have him in ALL pink attire! LOL So if you don't mind me asking, what childhood illness did you have? Also, how did she know about it?
And the last one......how is the Grandpa holding up in Ukraine?
Again, great job!!!
Wow! That is so exciting! I get chills thinking about the chance that a mother in Ukraine may hear your story and choose to keep her child because of what you've shared! What an inspiration!
Mandy-
Thanks for the comment.
I was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma in 1991 (age 13). The reporter was given access to a copy of our homestudy which listed my medical history.
My dad is hanging in there. I was just about to do a post about him. :)
Alison
Well said Alison. Isn't it amazing to think about how many lives this journey to Tate is touching?! God is good.
~Lisa
PS I am not so patiently waiting for the next installment of "Tate's Bed"... :-)
I loved reading this. It really gives good insight into the Ukrainians to read her questions!
Post a Comment