Tuesday, October 21

Turtle and Kitty

We had a wonderful morning yesterday that included a trip to Build-a-Bear. We first stuffed a kitty for Mike and I to leave with the kids. It had the option of recording a personal message. It was pretty hilarious trying to record the message with Mike on the cellphone. I could hear his business partner, Justin, laughing at him in the background as he repeated the sentence over and over until we got it right. The kids also picked out a turtle for us to take to Tate. They recorded a sweet little message that can be played when you squeeze his hand- we love you brother, hurry home...


The last few hours before heading to the airport got a little hairy. I had planned to make the most of my time with the kids and therefore left a lot to the last minute. Thankfully my Aunt Karen came to the rescue! She was dropping off cookie bars and was able to stay to help me pack- Thanks Aunt Karen!!!

Mom and Dad dropped us off at LAX a few hours early so that we did not have to sit in traffic. Dad nearly lost his balance as he pulled our largest suitcase out of the car (I had it stocked with food). At check in we discovered just how heavy it was- $150 over the limit!!! OOPS! Thankfully the man at the counter was gracious and let it slide :)!

I was SUPER excited to pull out my passport the first time it was requested. Krissy gave me the CUTEST travel clutch you have ever seen!



The trip itself was very uneventful. I will post detail about our arrival in Ukraine tomorrow. It is 2:15am off to bed. Thank you for your prayers!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Glad to hear you made it there safe. You have such cute kids!!! Praying for your appointment on Thurs. :)

Heather said...

Thinking and praying for you and anxiously awaiting news!!!

@m9f said...

Yay...you're there! We'll be praying for smooth meetings and details to fall into place. btw--super cute travel clutch!!
Lisa

Farmers

Farmers