Friday, October 24

Meeting Tate



How can I accurately explain our feelings today? Overwhelming would be about the best description that I can come up with right now. We feel so blessed to have the opportunity to bring Tate into our family. His caregiver describes him as 'full of joy' and we agree. He is just a tiny little guy. Probably about the same size as Baby M- 2T. After about 20 minutes of playing it was time for his nap- mine too! :) I was sad when they took him away but also relieved that this dream in our hearts is actually coming true. The experience today was quite surreal.

Here is another short clip of Tate playing-

25 comments:

nattygirl said...

Probably one of the most beutiful interactions I have ever seen. I am so overwelmed with emotion for you all and your family.

Brandy

Shelly Turpin said...

oh my goodness Alison! How wonderful to finally meet him and see him. How intimidating to have everyone watching.

He is a beautiful little boy!
Congratulations!

@m9f said...

Oh Alison...that was beyond description! Congratulations McKay family!! He's beautiful.
~Lisa

Lana said...

How cool to be a part of the first few moments you had with your beautiful son! I can't wait to meet him in person. God is so good!
Lana

Kendra said...

It's so crazy to think you guys are so far away right now! What an exciting moment to meet Tate in person. I hope that the rest of your trip goes smooth and will definitely be keeping an eye out for updates and praying for your whole family!! Kendra

Anjanette said...

The tears keep falling--he's just beautiful! Thank you for sharing these moments with us.

Heather said...

I cannot put to words my joy in seeing those videos.I cried throughout the entire post.He is so darling.So beautiful and you are all so blessed.One of my favorite parts was when Mike just instinctively took Tate's tiny hand and was gently rubbing it.It was just a moment but that moment was,to me,beyond words.I am SO blogging about this tonight.I just wish my words could accurately describe the day.I'll try but I won't to it justice.Prayers to you all.Email if you can.Understand if you can't.

Kelley said...

FINALLY! I can't stop crying. This day was ordained by God. I loved how he ran right to you. I kept hearing that man say "mama and poppa"...amazing! I'm so happy for you guys. I hope this eased the longing to be home with your other kiddos. He's got quite an arm!

Carlie said...

so precious! He is adorable. I can't imagine how emotional that was to finally see him in person. I can't wait to meet him. Thanks for sharing the video...loved seeing him play with toys we sent too!

Our Story: Continued said...

I'm crying at my computer! How wonderful for all of you. He is so precious! Thank you for letting us see this special moment in your family. Congratulations! I hope and pray that you can bring him home soon and that everything goes smoothly and quickly!

Bethany said...

He is so stinkin cute! You have a beautiful family!

Amy said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! That was so wonderful to see - thank you. I CAN'T WAIT to meet him. What a blessing you will all be to each other. P.S. Love the dude's laugh in the background. :)

June Berger said...

How beautiful he is! How wonderful that he came right to you both. It brought tears to my eyes, to know that this beautiful little blessing will now have a family. Praise God! Our Jonathan throws everything too! I guess maybe the caregivers are so excited that they can use their arms that they clap? Who knows, but it's sure hard getting Jonathan to stop, it's been a year and it hasn't worked yet, lol. Be blessed with your new little son!

Ruth said...

Oh, congratulations!! It's such a surreal experience, isn't it?? I am so thrilled you guys are there with your little one!!!

I'll be praying for you, that the rest of your time there goes as planned and continues to be a wonderful experience for you. =)

be gifted said...

oh, he is a cutie. those hugs must feel so great!!!!! so happy for you all.

orphans4me said...

Alison,
He is adorable. What great videos. And what a blessing to have those first moments to remember forever.I am so excited for you. It was so fun to hear that Russian/Ukrainian in the background as well. Are you guys at Vorzel?
Joy

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's just adorable! Thank you for sharing the video of him.
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.
~Lisa (RR)

Kristen Plum said...

rejoicing with you!

liesel said...

How wonderful! He looks like such a little gentleman! Thanks for sharing your joy.

Professor Springer said...

CONGRATULATIONS MCKAYS!
What an AMAZING addition to your family. Enjoy this special time together!
xoxo
JOY SPRINGER

slcollins said...

He is absolutely beautiful and full of life indeed!

Liz said...

He is absolutely adorable!!! :)

Geneva said...

So adorable and amazing!!! Thanks for sharing with us... keep it coming. :-)

Brandy said...

Congratulations to the McKay Family. He seems as though he is a perfect fit. The "first meeting" seemed perfect and we couldn't be more thrilled for you. We are excited to hear and see more on your amazing adventure.

Brandy lee

Jeanne Oliver said...

With tears my heart is so full right now...as I know yours is. Thank you so much for sharing these first intimate moments you had with your beautiful son! YOUR SON!!! May the Lord richly bless the rest of your trip and bring you safely home.

Farmers

Farmers