Tuesday, September 2

Sleepover

Buddy had his very first sleepover this weekend. Our friends, Kenny and Kelley with Kellen and Kaysen, came up from Orange County to spend the weekend with us. Buddy could hardly wait to have Kellen sleeping in his bus. Kellen on the other hand was not so crazy about spending the night. We figured that if we put the boys to bed with a movie on it might make things a little easier. Buddy picked Toy Story. The night started out okay. Kellen was enthralled with the movie for close to 5 minutes. He even relaxed enough to prop himself back with his arms folded behind his neck and his legs crossed :). Kelley and I were in the kitchen starting our Fondue dinner when over the baby monitor we heard Kellen crying. Buddy's voice could be heard faintly in the background saying "Hey, stop being so loud. You are going to wake everyone up". In Brooklyn's terms- Suck it up!

The boys finally settled down and I was able to get this picture of them sound asleep:



Around 1:30am I woke up to Buddy yelling something. When I went into his room he was standing up in his bus. With his eyes still shut he said,"Where is my friend go? I sink he is playing." With that he laid back down and went to sleep. Buddy was right however, Kellen was walking up the stairs as I rounded the corner. He had been up playing with the train set. None the less the sleepover was a success in our minds. We can't wait to see how things go when Tate and Buddy are sleeping together in the bus!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Yup- that pretty much sums it up. I'm glad you captured the sweat marks my kid left on the bedding. Sorry about all the laundry we left for ya!

Geneva said...

Cute! Can you post a picture of the Bus??? I'm interested in what that looks like...

Farmers

Farmers