Thursday, August 28

A Bump in the Road

I was really hoping that we would get our travel date this week. This
is the email I received from our facilitator instead...

*********************************************************************
The SDA reviewed your dossier, finally. They were generally happy,
but gave us only 1 remark - Letter of Obligation. They have changed
their rules again and now want people to report on the children once a
year, regardless if it's first year of reporting or 5th year...

Attached, please find the updated letter of obligation. Please, fill
in, sign, notarize, apostile and send to my address, which is also
attached.

Sorry for Ukrainian bureaucracy.... I have submitted hundreds of dossiers
with the letter of obligation you filled out - now they decided they
don't like it any more.... what can I say....
Hope this is not too much trouble for you.

*********************************************************************

....AGHHH!
Most of you probably don't understand what this all means but it is not good.
This is back to the paper chase that we thought was completed weeks ago. And yes, back down to Los Angeles.

I am choosing to look at this situation as an opportunity to see God's sovereign hand. My limited view cannot see why this is happening. However, God is in control. I want His plan and His timing not my own.

We will trust in Him.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Ugh...I'm so sorry about the delay. It is so hard when you know someone on the other end is waiting for you and little things like this hold it up. Praying for you here :)
Mandy

Carlie said...

Sorry to hear you guys have to deal with all of that again. Very exciting that the date is coming soon, though.

Farmers

Farmers